Skip to main content

Welcome to Optimis. If you already have a account then please login, if not then why not register.

Self-build and Custom Housebuilding Register

From the 1st April 2016 local planning authorities are required to keep a register of those seeking (either alone or with others) to acquire a serviced plot of land in the relevant authority’s area to build a house to occupy as that individual’s sole or main residence.  A serviced plot of land is defined as having access to a public highway and connections for electricity, water and waste water.

The purpose of the Register is to provide information on the demand for self-build and custom housebuilding and should form part of the relevant authorities’ evidence base for demand of this type of housing when developing their Local Plan.

Local authorities must have regard for the Register when carrying out their functions relating to planning, housing, the disposal of any land of the authority, and regeneration.  Therefore, the Register may be a material consideration in the determination of planning applications.

Anna Holloway, Senior Planner and Development Consultant

Reader Comments (0)

There are currently no comments on this article. Why not be the first and leave your thoughts below.

Leave Your Comment

Please keep your comment on topic, any inappropriate comments may be removed.

Return to index